Sunday, February 12, 2006

Yesterday we dyed, today we dyed again.

Well, I did it! I spun wool into yarn. Mom and I dyed the yarn, and now I have a hat! Check out Mom's site to see the whole process.

Here's the finished hat!

I have a slight issue with keeping my eyes open while being photographed. I kind of wonder if I always look like my eyes are closed

The color of my yarn is phenomenol. Absolutely, positively the best results for a first time spin and a first time dye. I definitely want to do this again! I have not started to spin the roving that I dyed yet, but it's the Bloody Gnome stuff pictured on mom's site.

I came home from Canton and stopped at the library, four book stores including two Half Price Books, Barnes and Nobles, and Borders, looking for Maud Martha--due tomorrow at 3:30. Nobody has it, and none of their chains have it either. Columbus is dry out of Maud Marthas. I suppos I shall spin in this case. Sigh. So frustrating. I had it on hold at the library, but that appearently had already finished its course and is no longer there for me. argh.

Anyways, I'm going to update some more pictures for my pictures site, so check it out sometime soon. :)

No comments: