Sunday, February 05, 2006

Instant Gratification Needed?



Well, I sure did need some instant gratification. I tried a couple of times to make a cool hat with this cool yarn I brought back from home, and finally (after about 3 other tries) I was successful. Of course, using a pattern--and using a pattern made for the thickness of the yarns--would have been helpful. But, appearently not necessary. I did it! No pattern! I can create my own fashions! This is very exciting progress for me and I am VERY pleased with my new hat. :)

Well, here it is! I wanted to show all three pictures cuz A) they look pretty silly as usual, and B) none of them seemed to individually capture the hat. the bright one looks too pink, but is a good show of what the hat looks like, the other pictures are good with the color. The first one there is just ridiculous with my face. And it is red cuz I had a rough day, but it's much better now, so I'm ok!

Anyways, I am very pleased with it and hope it will keep me warm in the sudden coldness. It was made to specifically keep the ears as warm as possible. The stripe was just adding in a strand of angora/acrylic/wool? blend yarn. I thought about putting an edge of just that fluffy stuff, but I don't think it really goes with the overall style of the hat. Though, I'm already thinking about making another one.

Well, as I've said many times already today, I MUST get to work! I have procrastinated long enough (funny, I think if you look at my pictures page, it says the same thing....) Oops. Oh well. It'll just be a long week, and I'll have something to keep me busy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very cute. I think you were definitely ready for an instant gratification project. Which yarn did you use? I hope you have a much better day tomorrow.
Mommio

sixmitts said...

When do we get to see pictures of the matching scarf?

sixmitts said...

I like your new pics. Gr. Grandma would be mortified, but I like it.