Monday, February 13, 2006

Silly Stories of Spinning

I took my spindle with newly spun yarn on it home to show off to my mom. I was so proud of myself because I had picked it up faster than she--she couldn't even get it started! And then she told me I spun the wrong way--I was spinning to the right--but I should have been spinning to the other right. Fortunately, it wasn't that horrible and we still made AWESOME yarn (see the hat/sweater accents.

I thought I had another funny story, but I don't know what it was now. Maybe it was about my bloody gnome roving. I mixed about four colors in a big pot and ended up with a brutally murdered gnome. I like it though, and I think it's spinning up nicely. Sure, it's not mom's beautiful blues, but I think overall it's a success and the colors look just fine spun. Here it is. I like it! and that's such an awesome picture of it!! Now, if only I can get the rest of world straightened out. Is it crooked? I don't know, but nothing feels quite on target. What is my target? I wish I knew. All this uncertainty mixed with loneliness makes me feel really bummed out. I need more distractions in my life.

Well, I guess until I get a better idea, I'll be spinning my bloody gnome and listening to music until I go to bed. Then I'll wake up and go to work. And hopefully that will be good. I really need to work out soon to get out of my slump of sadness. Sigh. Sleep sounds better.

2 comments:

sixmitts said...

Wow! That's impressive. What a great photo of your bloody gnome. It does look better spun than as roving. Happy Valentine's Day!
Mommio

Wired: Cappuccino and Jewelry said...

Okay so before it looked like a bloody gnome now I think it looks like a bloody green Irish guy!!! But the spindle work looks great!!!