Monday, February 27, 2006

so an update is what you want?

I've been a little overwhelmed lately. I found out that the paper that's due in my contemporary world class is a 10-15 as opposed to what I figured would be a 6-8 at most--two weeks before the quarter is over. I have a paper that analyzes a survey on usage due in my grammar class and I have no idea what to write. We haven't talked much at all about usage and I really don't see how it relates in any way to what we've been doing all quarter. Speaking of what we've been doing all quarter--I just don't get it! So, In two weeks, I have to teach myself grammar--something I've never struggled with and always just "got" it. Sigh. very frustrating.

My African American Studies class, which ironically is the one I feared the most, is the only class that is going well. I feel comfortable discussing the various ideas and concepts and weaving from text to text to create a solid idea. I got an A on the paper, I've been an active participant in class, and I think I have a definite A for the class. She's not going to have us write a paper now though. That kind of sucks for me, but I think I'll be able to do whatever she has planned just fine.

Finally, I am sick. It came over me REALLY suddenly yesterday evening. One minute I was just my normal self sitting at the computer doing homework. Next minute, I start coughing and it hasn't stopped yet. Cough drops don't seem to do anything. I'm of course worried that I'll get whatever Mike's got--he still hasn't managed to ask the doctor if what he has is communicable. I'm probably needlessly worrying about that though. I feel like a ghost though. I don't know if I look it, but I feel like all the blood has drained out of my face and brain, and it's all left feeling a bit numb. That's probably from the cold medicine I took, although, that doesn't explain my hot/cold confusion. My face stays cold while my body quickly jumps between sweating and shivering. I think this matches the classic definition of "I have a cold." It's still not fun.

I had a good weekend overall. I didn't get done the previously mentioned gianormous load of work I have to get done. Did some homework, but not nearly enough. I'm just going to try to suck it up and get it all done. Next quarter should be fun, and I have that to look forward to through all the hell of this quarter.

I'll be taking Digital Photography, Adolescent Literature, and Writing Fiction (the 200 level again!). I pretty much know what to expect from the fiction class--one or two stories, which I am taking just so I can write about the ideas I already have. Adolescent Lit is a 3 credit B.S.-your-way-through-it pre-education class. And Photography--I always wanted to take it, but didn't want to buy a camera for it, but since I own a digital camera, I'd say it works out rather well. :) hurray for next quarter! Let's get the hell outta this one!

Oh, and I've not had time to work on my crafts, although I still am working on that shawl. More to come I'm sure. :) It's almost sewing season. I want to make a quilt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...you can come home and make a quilt with me!!!! I have squares already and it has to be done by early May. :)

But, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. It sounds like the flu. Poor Ernie. I will be downloading pictures for updates in a few minutes.

Love,
Mommio

sixmitts said...

It's the middle of March now.

The Mystic Dragon said...

now its the end of march!