Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Secret projects!



Well, my secret project has kept me from writing about what I've made... But I have given my sister her Christmas present, but forgot to get pictures! Way to go...

But, after cleaning out a portion of my mom's basement, I found what is likely the first project I've ever done! I probably made it when I was about 8 years old or so. Pretty exciting stuff!

So, cleaning out the basement I also found some cool yarns that my mom gave me. One of them is a white acrylic/mohair mix. I am making myself a shawl, using the stitch I made my sister's present in. And I feel like an absolute genius! I had an idea of how to make it work as a triangle stitch, and I did it! This may be one small step for those who are used to making their own patterns, but I was beginning to think I did not possess such power.

I have such horrible lighting, the picture looks black and white! This is after finishing one skein of yarn. The stitch is from my Complete Guide to Needlepoint book that tells you how to do absolutely everything! My next learning experiment will hopefully be building a quilt! I can't wait until I have a real job and can buy what I need to do such things--I don't think I even have a good pair of sharp, fabric-cutting scissors! I don't even know if they still make the good Ginger scissors, I assume they would. Anyways....

I also brought home some ugly yarn that I'm going to use to make those cool shopping bags--I want to change up the pattern a little bit. I don't think I am working in the right kind of yarn for it to really work out perfectly. And why crochet if you're stuck following the rules?

As always, more to come later on!

No comments: