Monday, December 05, 2005

studying???


Ok, so I tried to learn how to Hairpin Lace Crochet (I don't even know if I worded that right!). First of all, it's hard to find decent instructions/pictures simply because it is hard to explain in words. Eventually, I found a great video how to. She made it look really easy, but I don't really know if mine tured out quite right. As you can see, I made myself a loom for it... In general, the whole ordeal seems a bit too involved and complicated, especially since you have to make a bunch of these rows... I don't have any idea how on earth one would go about combining. Seems ridiculous!

In other news, I worked on a similar look with my knitting needles. It's about the easiest thing ever, I've just never done it... the good ole loop-de-loop that creates a big gap in the rows. It looks so pretty. This is the trial run, I was going to use some nice yarn and a pattern idea meant for hairpin lace crocheting. Hopefully my super secret project will turn out ok. I don't know if I can hold myself back from putting up pictures though. Not the greatest picture of the knitting experiment, but here it is.

Sigh. Addiction. I've gotta go IMDB Bob Newhart now for Mike... Big silly dilly.

No comments: