Sunday, December 04, 2005

Shirt...

Ok, so I've never made clothing except for hats (hats: easy projects that never last more than a couple of hours, if that... never really leave a hat unfinished).... Sweaters... Have started two knit sweaters... Didn't like them enough, stopped working on them and started to make more HATS!... After seeing all the MANY MANY MANY other crocheter's work online, I feel I should step up to the challenge and make a sweater allready.

Since I'm not a perfect knitter yet, I found a really cool looking crochet pattern from the 70's or so. The pattern is really big. The yarns I found are all different weights, and I don't know if they will work in the big picture. I also chose to make the medium size, but it seems like it might be a little too big... of course, I thought it would have more contour for a body, but so far, it's all straight, and well, my body isn't. I really want to learn how to do shaping with pattern stitches. It seems to be a concept always hovering over me and never hitting home... I'm pretty sure that once I figure that one out, I'll be invincible.

I took another picture, closer up, but it turned out all blurry. Another thing I will have to figure out. Well, another day. Today's goal: Write two short papers for finals, possibly study (with some dragging, kicking and screaming), and of course, work on my new sweater.

OH! real quick! The pattern I chose has no arms, well, sleeves. Will it be too hard to just add sleeves on? I'm worried it will end up looking dorky. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: