Thursday, January 03, 2008

If only I were clean.

If I were a clean person, I'd have much more time to do the things I want to do. Every time I cook, I have to start by doing dishes and clearing off and wiping down every horizontal surface that's been loaded up with junk. Of course, every time I cook, I claim I am going to clean up as soon as I'm done. But then I sit down and eat, and maybe I put my dishes in the dishwasher. It's so frustrating. I feel like all I do is clean clean clean.

What is the solution to this constant headache? Usually when I decide to change my ways and get organized, I find places for all my crap, like shelves or containers. My things are put away for a day, maybe two if I'm lucky, but then everything is right back to where it started. Maybe if I get rid of some things, but all my hobbies make me a bigger pack rat than I would naturally be (and naturally, I'm a pretty big pack rat).

Hmm... What to do? Where to start? Ho hum. I'll put it off for a day or two and continue considering my options. :)

No comments: