Monday, November 19, 2007

Today I...

Today I let myself sleep in until 7:30, leaving only half an hour for a shower and pet caring. I left the house 10 minutes earlier than usual which means A) I didn't get up quite as late as I think I did or B) I should never have any problem getting out of the house on time if I wake up at the usual time of 7:00. Of course, this 20 minute spurting to get out of the house did not include giving Miss Daisy a walk.

Work was work as usual. I felt a bit on edge from dealing with a frustrating problem I've been trying to fix. I need to get a little more comfortable with the whole accounting mentality. I keep thinking the answer is to be ahead of the game, but that's just not an option. That's just not how business works. I try to keep up with the incoming and focus on one or two... sometimes three... problems at a time. Ho Hum.

Tis the season and apparently there is a sock exchange sneaking all around me. Somehow... word is spreading that I am crafty. I hope to get included and finally have good reason to finish socks. I just need to know how to knit the toe. I should try to get a pair ready for review with my mom for next weekend. Eh... gotta finish the sweater and some more hats though. I don't want to feel as overwhelmed as I did last Christmas week--especially since I don't have a whole week and a half this year.

I finally accomplished shopping after work. I rewarded myself by purchasing special bath suds and face wash, which I've had on my list to get for quite some time. I also got broccoli and alfredo sauce, which was great for my dinner with noodles and left over yummy meat. And icky portabell0 mushrooms for Eric. I made him the mushrooms sauted in an olive oil dipping sauce and then mixed in his noodles and topped it all off with mountains of mozzarella. He said it was delicious, and I have to take his word for it because I dared not taste the dreaded 'shrooms. :)

Finally, Daisy and I went for a longer than usual walk today: down and around and back and down and back again. She's the cutest, sweetest dear in the whole wide world. She played with the stuffed gorilla without shredding it to bits as one Bosco would do if he had the chance. She also licks her bones very diligently before she starts gnawing. I also love how she will follow me up and down the stairs, following just behind me. Oh, Daisy girl. :)

I can't decide if I want to finish the night off with a nice hot bath with my fall-time candles and bubble bath, work on my crochet projects, or try to get Eric to watch some more Angel. He seems to be getting into it--he was all ready to watch another episode after dinner, but I told him there was laundry to be done and dogs to be walked.

I like it when I'm productive. I think I also realize, I'm only happy when I make myself happy. I think I'm much more compatible with being active than sitting around, unless I'm sitting around being productive. But, oh well. Time for the relaxing part now.

No comments: